Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Haylee's Right of Passage

Haylee with just the dots drawn on her ears, you can see how excited she is!
Not one tear, can you believe it?



Today marked a really special day in Haylee's little life.  For her upcoming 4th birthday she asked if she could get earrings.  I of course jumped on this idea.  Andre was not as excited but knew he couldn't say no to his Haylee Beans :)  I asked Dr. Kanagal (Haylee's pediatrician) where I should go.  Well what do you know, she does them herself.  This made us both feel very at ease that some 16 year old at Claire's wasn't going to be doing it.  For the last several weeks Haylee and I have talked all about what it may feel like.  She walked in so excited this morning with absolutely no fear.  She got up on the table with a huge smile on her face.  I was warned many times that after the first one goes in that it is very hard to do the second one, i.e. kids run away, you may have to hold her down, you have to come back the next day.  Not my Haylee though.  The first one went in and there was absolutely no reaction.  She was like a stone.  Dr. Kanagal did the second one and the same reaction, nothing. Haylee is the poster child for the easiest ear piercing ever done by Dr. Kanagal.  She said she couldn't believe it.  Haylee was the perfect example.  She made me so proud.  I asked her if it hurt.  She said no but then said, "maybe a little."  Mommy is so proud of what a big girl you are Haylee.  She looks beautiful.

No comments: