Monday, September 15, 2008

Ouch!





What is the deal with the men in my life.  Both Andre and Paul have successfully injured their fingers within one week of each other.  First Paul almost severed his middle finger on his right hand last Monday when he was picking up metal to make lids for the drums to collect resteraunt oil (he makes bio diesel) and then last night Andre received second degree burns to three of his fingers on his left hand.  Andre was grilling bacon and when he pulled the tinfoil off onto the tray it tipped and 600 degree bacon grease ran over his fingers.  I have never seen him in so much pain.  The ER gave him two shots of morphine and then two shots of demerol.  By the time those took affect it was about 9pm last night and it knocked him out.  He was sent home with Percoset but had an allergic reaction to that so we are off to the Dr. this morning to have his hand checked and to get different pain meds.  Depending on what the Dr. says he may have to visit the burn center.  I am going to have to be cleaning his hand every day which includes scrubbing off the dead skin and putting cream on it then bandaging it.   I think I am ready for nursing school.  After Addie and her G-Tube and now Andre and his burns I think I'm ready :)  I told Andre that if he needed to find a silver lining in all of this then it would be that he wouldn't miss any of the Eagles game tonight by getting home late from work.  The first two pictures are of my brother Paul's finger and then the last two are of Andre's fingers.  

No comments: