Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Proud Mom, Haylee's 1st Day of Preschool




Today was the day.  Haylee has officially started preschool.  I had some very vaklempt (Yiddish word actually spelled Farklemt) moments yesterday as I was filling out all her paperwork.  You see, she met Mrs. Eager last Tuesday and wouldn't even make eye contact with her.  I held her almost the entire time so I was a bit worried for today.  She shocked me this morning.  Up at 7 and ready to go.  She got dressed in her cute new outfit and had me do her hair.  We dropped Dilan off at school and away we drove to Stepping Stones Preschool.  She looked a bit nervous but walked in with such a smile.  She chose her cubby and then met the other two kids in the class.  There are 10 total but they gradually ease them in with only half today and half on Thursday.  One child was sick and the other dropped because he wasn't potty trained yet.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  All my worries started to melt away.  She said bye mommy and I was shocked considering I had only been in the room about three minutes.  I walked away with a smile knowing she was about to embark on such a fun year.  When I picker her up, Mrs. Eager said she had a small moment of sadness but it faded quickly.  I love you Haylee and am so proud of what a big girl you were today!

2 comments:

I teach . . . said...

Fantastic! Way to go Beansies!

A

Tara said...

Haylee - we are all so proud of you! What a big girl! Michelle, wasn't she just born a month ago? She is to little to be in school already! :)