Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dilan Broke His Arm :(

Dilan's broken bones (there is still a splint on the bottom)
After the Orthopedic Surgeon put the bones back in pace
The temporary cast
Dilan on morphine :)


As I was enjoying Haylee's Holiday party at preschool today my cellphone rang and I ignored it because I didn't recognize the number.  30 seconds later it rings again and it is Andre. Michelle, I am on my way to the school, Dilan fell on the playground and broke his arm.  I grabbed Haylee and Addisen, my eyes filling with tears and we ran.  I got to Sunset Ridge as fast as I could with Andre pulling up just seconds behind me.  I was running in with the girls to find my little boy laying in the nurses office crying in horrible pain.  The nurse had completely splinted Dilan's left arm with ice on it so I had no idea what his arm looked like.  We then took off to Na's to drop the girls off and then off to Scottsdale North at Thompson Peak Hospital we went. They got us right in with X-Rays in minutes and you wouldn't have to be a Dr. to know it was broken.  He broke both bones.  One was at an angle and almost breaking through the skin. Poor Dilan was in so much pain they had to start an IV with morphine.  That worked like a charm. Once the orthopedic surgeon arrived they knocked out Dilan and set his arm and put a temporary cast on.  He will get his full cast on Tuesday or Wednesday for 2-3 weeks then go to a shorter cast for another 2-3 weeks after that.  He said had that been on an adult they would have required surgery.  He was sent home with liquid Vicodin.  He is now in my bed resting and watching a movie awaiting my arrival for the night.

So you are probably wondering how this all happened.  Dilan was playing on the playground at recess and was on the monkey bars trying to jump to the third bar.  He obviously did not make it.  He just kept saying, "I wish this never happened!"  

4 comments:

Marcella said...

OMG Michelle! I am soooo sorry. Poor little guy. I bet your heart just sank when you got that call...just needed to be with your baby. I hope his pain is being controlled and that his recovery goes smoothly. Let me know if you need anything. Sending lots of healing vibes your way...

Erin said...

Poor Dilan!! I hope he feels better- and poor you. Nothing is worse than watching your kids suffer. Maybe he can get a cool colored cast or something! Get lots of rest tonight and spoil that boy rotten tomorrow!

Katy said...

Poor baby..brings back memories of Blake. I know exactly how you're feeling..you know I'm here if you need me for anything. Give our love to Dilan and tell him we want to sign his cast :) The boys made cookies and get well cards for him. I'll call you later to deliver.

russellmaynard said...

Aghh! Poor little guy! How is EVERYBODY doing? If you need anything, I'm here too. On the brighter side of this all when he gets back from Christmas "BREAK" he'll be a total playground hero! I'm sure the kids are already starting the rumors..."his bone was toatlly sticking out," "he didn't even cry..." That sorta thing ;)