Monday, December 22, 2008

Making Cookies with the Fam











Last night we decided to make cookies as a family.  We decided on the Greek butter cookie called Koulourakia (thank Grannie Annie), ritz with peanut butter in the middle dipped in chocolate (thanks Natalie)and candied cranberries (thanks Natalie).  I decided to finally use my KitchenAid Stand Mixer after about 7 years of owning it (thanks mom).  I think I have been intimidated by it but I loved it.  With the Koulourakia cookies you have to mix the butter for 15 minutes and who wants to do that with a hand mixer, not me.  Go KitchenAid!  Those cookies turned out yummy.  I did the prep work (mostly the mixer) and Andre rolled them into the cookies.  The kids got to do their own special ones too.  Then on to the candied cranberries.  I obviously need to have Natalie show me how to do these because mine are NOT good where as Natalie's you could eat all day.  Next came the ritz.  Andre and I prepped and then he dipped.  We had so much fun.  We now have a bunch to take to Na's tonight for our white elephant gift exchange with the fam.  WE also will have plenty of cookies to leave out for Santa.

3 comments:

Erin said...

We actually have to thank my father-in-law for the crackers/peanut butter/chocolate masterpieces (he shared with me, I shared with Natalie, which he is currently making in my kitchen AT THIS MOMENT. I can hardly wait for them to dry! It looks like you guys had a blast! :)

Katy said...

looks yummy..i wondered what the cranberry dish was! dont you just love the kitchenaid mixer..i use mine a lot!

Marcella said...

Oh how fun. I wish I could get my husband to help with the cookies. And I so want a kitchenaid mixer...or any kind of fancy mixer.